So I saw this challenge on The Reader Room and it sounded like just the thing for me! I love buying books, even though when I haven't read over half of the books I own now, because I love pretty covers and I just can't leave a good story on the shelf.. So I end up buying more than I can read - or my book closet can store, really! I've signed up for the challenge so I actually end up reading the books in my closet!
I already have a page on this blog where I list my to-read books (The Reading Pile) but I thought this would give me a bigger kick in the butt.
Since I've already signed up for the Debut Author Challenge 2011 at The Story Siren, I've decided to go for reading 30 books I already own: Making a Dint. That's already a total of 42 books to read next year!
So here's my list so far (I have books coming in the next couple of weeks which I hope to include as well):
2. Night World 01 by L.J. Smith
3. Night World 02 by L.J. Smith
4. Night World 03 by L.J. Smith
5. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
6. The Sorceress by Michael Scott
8. Queste by Angie Sage
9. Weg van Lila by Patrick van Rhijn (Dutch)
10. My Sisters Keeper by Jodie Picoult
11. The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb
12. Playing With The Grownups by Sophie Dahl
13. The Alchemist by Paul Coelho
14. Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger
15. Syren by Angie Sage
19. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
22. Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
23. Untamed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
25. Beautiful Creatures by Kimi Garcia & Margaret Stohl
27. Thirst no 1 by Christopher Pike
28. Animal Farm by George Orwell
29. The Vampire Diaries: The Return - Shadow Souls by L.J. Smith
That´s a pretty big list already.. I need to keep myself from reading those while picking new books to read lol! The challenge starts at January 1st, 2011 so I still have a month to go.. The last two books are not entirely unread: I read Animal Farm about 10 years ago and didn't understand it and I started in Shadow Souls, but I was unable to finish so I'll be picking it up in 2011 again.
I will be adding books (and maybe even changing titles) during the next couple of weeks. This is my draft list, so to say. Wow, that are the books I *have* to read! I'm looking forward to it, I might not even be able to wait to begin with in the upcoming month.. Maybe I should re-read my Harry Potter books to keep me busy haha!
Are you joining in? If so, how many books are you planning on reading?